Celtic Healthcare Consultants offers Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans.
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, certain younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD). The different parts of Medicare help cover specific services as outlined below. Celtic Healthcare Consultants is certified to help guide you in choosing the right Medicare plan for your needs. Our agents have the required certification and will help you thru every step of the process. They will also make you aware of enrollment deadlines and penalties.
Medicare Parts A and B (Original Medicare):
Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) helps to pay for hospital stays and doctor visits. Here is a summary of what Original Medicare covers:
Medicare Part A:
- Inpatient hospital services including nursing services.
- Post hospital nursing care, with limitations and co-payments
- Home health services on a limited basis
- Hospice benefits for care of terminally ill patients
- Inpatient psychiatric care on a limited basis
Medicare Part B:
- Physician and surgeon services, whether in a hospital, clinic or elsewhere
- Medical and health services e.g., x-rays, diagnostic lab tests, ambulance services, medical equipment rental, physical and occupational therapy
Medicare Does Not Cover All Medical Expenses: Contrary to popular belief, Parts A and B do not cover all health care costs. Please log onto www.medicare.gov for more information on Part A services. What Part A Does Not Cover:
- Charges for a private room in a hospital or facility
- Private-duty nursing
- Telephone or TV in room
- The first three pints of blood received during a calendar year
What Part B Does Not Cover: Some of the services that Medicare Part B does not cover include those listed below. Please log on to www.medicare.gov for more information on Part B coverage and benefits.
- Skilled nursing home care costs over 100 days per benefit period
- Intermediate nursing home care
- Physician charges over Medicare’s approved amount
- Most outpatient prescription drugs
- Custodial care received in the home
- Dental care
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hearing aids
- Orthopedic shoes
- Care received outside of the United States
MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS
A Medigap policy is a Medicare supplement insurance policy to fill “gaps” in Medicare Plans A and B. Medigap plans do not pay costs for Medicare Part C, Medicare Advantage Plan and Part D, Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
PART C: MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS
Medicare pays private insurance companies to manage Medicare Advantage plans. Medicare Advantage plans are open to everyone who is eligible for Medicare. Please log onto www.medicare.gov for more information on Part C coverage and benefits.
PART D: MEDICARE PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLANS
You can enroll in Part D, prescription drug coverage if you are enrolled in Part A or Part B. Part D coverage is available as a stand- alone prescription drug plan (PDP) or as part of an HMO, PPO or PFFS plan. Please log on to www.medicare.gov for more information on Part D coverage and benefits.